Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Cabinet

I keep thinking that sometime soon I am going to take a break and read about politics less obsessively. It never happens though. Oh well. Now that the election is over, everyone is talking about who President-elect Obama will choose for his administration. I don't have too much to contribute to this - at least at the moment. Basically, I do think he should reach across the aisle - at least for symbolic reasons. And I don't want to see too many Clinton people, although that might be hard to avoid.

As for specifics, I would have thought Bill Richardson would be a great choice for Secretary of State, but Timothy Noah begs to differ. His one short paragraph about why Richardson is a bad choice makes me realize I didn't know as much about him as I should have and therefore slightly embarrassed for supporting him at the beginning of the primaries. Timothy Noah may be way off, but I don't know enough even to be able to defend Richardson. I agree that we don't want Summers as Treasury Secretary, mostly because of how bad of a job he did at Harvard. I think Arnold though would be a good choice for EPA.

No comments: