Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Inauguration

I don't have a lot to say about the inauguration except that I am excited. There is so much hope and possibility now with a smart and liberal president. I can't wait to see the new direction (or sometimes lack thereof?) in so many areas. My mind reals just thinking of the possibilities.

Overall, his speech was good. It started off somewhat dull but competent and ended really inspiring. His call for responsibility, hard work and sacrifice, and rising to meet challenges was such a breath of fresh air compared to Bush's "go about your business." Now we wait and see how the words transform into reality.

Also, I thought Aretha Franklin was great. So was the quartet piece written by John Williams.

And I made sure to watch Bush leave on the helicopter. I am glad Obama was respectful. But it was good to see Bush leave.

No comments: