Monday, October 02, 2006

Tax and Spend

This is why I hate Congress. You can imagine that this might get a budget analyst like myself really upset. When legislation is being passed not on its merits, but because it will bring money back to the district - and when that money going back to the district is not likely to be the most efficient use of the money but will help with reelection, it makes me furious. And this guy is thinking of running for Speaker of the House if the Democrats take over? John Murtha and his cronies need to go. Too bad our electoral system makes it impossible to behave in any other way.

I realize there are a few people who want to remind me of my comments mocking Ned Lamont for saying that he wants to get the pork out of politics. It isn't because I disagreed with his stance, but I am very pessimistic about the chances of him (or anyone) sticking to that promise and actually staying in office.

No comments: